Our hospital bags are packed and we are ready for whenever this baby decides to make his/her debut! Wow, it feels like a big weight was lifted off my shoulders just knowing that everything we need is packed and ready to go. Just like I did with our baby registry, I looked up a lot of different blogs and spoke to friends about what to have packed in our hospital bag, plus our doula gave us recommendations too! I am pretty confident we will have everything we need (and then some)!
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, so I may make a tiny commission if you click and then purchase something! This costs nothing extra to you and helps me to run this little blog of mine. Thank you so much for being a part of this community!
Hospital Bag For Me:
- A blanket – One for me and Mike, we just grabbed extras out of the guest room closet
- Labor gown – This has A LOT of great reviews and is apparently more comfortable than a hospital gown so I’ll give it a shot! Lots of cute colors and patterns too 🙂
- A few nursing nightgowns – This one is super affordable and was recommended to me. I also got this in two colors and really love it!
- Nursing bras (these ones are super inexpensive) and then I really love these which are for both pumping + nursing!
- Our pillows but in cheap pillow cases I got from Target so we can throw them away after the hospital
- Nightgown – This one is SO soft and I think will be good for nursing!
- No-slip socks for me and Mike
- Slipper socks – Ok I found these roaming around Target and am obsessed, plus they’re only $5!
- Rubber flip flops – Super cheap ones for the hospital shower, we’ll throw them away after
- A pair of my favorite Lululemon leggings
- Cheap bath towels for me and Mike that we’ll throw away afterward
- Hand soap – I’ve heard the hospital soap makes hands dry, plus I want mine without gross chemicals!
- Travel shampoo/ conditioner/ body wash/ lotion – LOVE this stuff 🙂
- Dry shampoo – a clean version that is my fave! *Get 10% off with code CaitM10
- Noise cancelling headphones – Just an FYI, these things are amazing. Especially during a flight!
- String lights – My doula told me to bring these, I definitely wouldn’t have thought of this on my own but you betcha I want a nice ambiance in that delivery room!
- Extra long phone charger
I know the hospital supplies these but I do want to have my own cleaner versions on hand. Just avoiding harsh chemicals as best I can!
- Squirt bottle – Mamas rave about this thing
- Overnight pads – Chlorine-free, please! I got these but also want to try these
- Magnesium and prunes – I’m going to attempt to make things happen naturally, but if need be I’ll take the stool softener from the hospital
- Water wipes
- Witch hazel wipes
- Herbal sitz bath
- Aloe vera gel
My “Pack Last Minute” List:
This little list is for the things we currently use and don’t want packed away yet.
- Honey, to put in my:
- Peppermint tea – This and the honey were recommended by my doula
- Magnesium powder (linked in the list above!)
- Prenatal vitamins
- Padsicles – I made them following the instructions from this blog
- Beats portable speaker
- My makeup: Not sure if I’ll end up wearing any but will bring anyway!
- Toothbrush and other toiletries like these one-step makeup remover wipes (which will be great for a quick and easy refresh) and this chapstick (cocoa is my favorite!)
Hospital Bag For Mike:
- A comfy hoodie – he loves this one
- Comfy sweats – these and these
- Rubber flip flops for the shower
- No-slip socks
- His glasses
- Sudoku puzzle
- Noise cancelling headphones
Hospital Bag For Baby:
- Diapers and wipes – I know the hospital provides these but as I said above, I want to have a safer option with us to avoid harmful chemicals
- A few outfits (that I’m keeping a secret for birth announcement photos!)
- Boppy – though I think I’ll leave this in the car and just have Mike grab it if I end up wanting to use it (see our baby registry here!)
- 2 swaddle blankets
- Mittens + socks
- Plain white long sleeve onesies
- This blanket (we’re obsessed)
All packed in this bag, which we just got and I love so so much!
This hospital bag list may sound like a lot to you or like we don’t have enough, but I feel like we’ve got all of the basics covered and then some! If you have any recommendations that aren’t above please leave in the comments below. I’m not sure how much space I’ll have left in my bag but I can try to stuff a few more things in Mike’s 😉