Somehow my little baby is almost four months old! Time is going by quickly and I’m trying to savor the moments as best I can. During my pregnancy I really enjoyed putting together our baby registry and spent hours and hours researching the best items that were also non-toxic. Now that we’re just about four months in, I feel like we have a good grasp on what we’ve been using and love the most compared to what we could do without.
Posts on CaitMcDonnell.com may contain affiliate links. You can read the full disclosure here. As always, thank you for following this little blog of mine, I SO appreciate your support!
If you’re building your baby registry, you can check out our entire baby registry here. I hope the research I did helps to make your life a little bit easier when it comes to choosing items for your precious little one.
Most used + loved baby items:
- Organic, breathable crib mattress
- These booties – they actually stay on baby’s feet!
- Peanut changer – the BEST. So easy to clean.
- Electric breast pump – love that I don’t have to keep it plugged in while I use it.
- Nursing pillow – thank goodness for this, gets SO much use!
- Baby lounger – Madelyn loves hanging out in this and playing with the hanging animals (below).
- Baby lounger toys – She will look up at these and talk to them for an hour! Hang them on this.
- Non-toxic baby wipes
- Non-toxic diapers – I am so, so happy with these! Not only are they made with non-toxic ingredients, but we’ve had a VERY small number of blowouts and oversaturated pee diapers. Which after chatting with tons of mama friends, is a huge accomplishment! The NB size does run a little big but it worked well for us, and she is just about to go up to the next size for our next shipment (trying not to cry about it). The automated delivery service is also really convenient. Lastly, she’s had ZERO diaper rashes thus far, which I attribute to the lack of chlorine, latex, alcohol, perfumes, PVC, pthalates and other gross ingredients many other diaper brands use.
**Use THIS link to get a week free to try them out for yourself!
- Play gym – So great for keeping her entertained, and fun to watch her discover the toys and play with them! Also, aesthetically pleasing 😉
- Stroller + bassinet – Couldn’t love this more if I tried. We have it in “William” – Also used the bassinet stand in our bedroom for when she was sleeping in our room.
- Infant snug seat – This has been really helpful now that we are using the bassinet less for walks, she fits better in the stroller and is more comfortable in this.
- Organic cotton onesies
- Bottle cleaning set – So easy to clean this, I was worried about mold building up in other kinds. Glad we went with this one!
- Bottles – I breast feed Madelyn, but she gets one bottle in the evenings. These have been great and we’ve had no nipple confusion.
- Burp cloths – Organic and so soft!
- Bouncer seat – Great for when we are cooking, showering or doing things around the house. She hangs in here and LOVES playing with this toy attachment (sold separately).
- Pacifiers – Maddy Grace won’t really take a paci during the day when she’s just hanging out, but she usually will when she goes down for a nap or to sleep at night. These are her favorites, but she will take these also. Both brands come in pretty colors 🙂
- Sound machine – We love this so much we have one for the nursery and our bedroom!
- Clothing – Dressing up a baby girl is so much fun! One of my very favorite brands has the cutest prints and the clothes are organic and soft! Click here to check them out and get $20 off your first order! Another that I love and has a ton of options (some organic, some not) can be found here.
- Playmat – So soft and reversible! Great for tummy time and play time.
And there you have it, my narrowed down list of our favorite baby items. Ok, maybe I got a bit carried away, but we truly use these every day. If you have any questions leave them in the comments below or message me on Instagram. I hope this helps you when choosing items for your little one or getting a gift for a friend.
Don’t forget, you can check out our entire baby registry here!
A few other blog posts you might enjoy:
Pregnancy + parenting books we found to be the most useful
What’s in our hospital bags
Madelyn’s nursery reveal
Madelyn’s birth story
Courtney Byers- A Byers Guide
This was soooo helpful! I got several of these items like the stroller and some that i’m still deciding on. I am really considering that bouncer.
I’m glad it was helpful, Courtney!!