When it comes to a beauty routine I’m definitely a keep it simple kind of gal. Spending a lot of time getting ready is not something I’m into and my routine reflects that. All of the products I use are safer, meaning they contain as little harmful ingredients as possible. You guys know I try to eliminate as many toxins around our home and in our personal care products as I possibly can. Here is a list of some harmful chemicals that are commonly found in the products we use. These are never used in the products listed below!
If you aren’t sure if what you’re currently using is potentially harmful, check out the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database. You can type in the brand and product you use and it’ll tell you the safety ratings. Pretty cool, right?
Ok back to it.
Here is my beauty routine:
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer: Oh boy, I just love this stuff. I put it on first thing in the morning, after my facial oil. Its lightweight hydration and sheer coverage are unlike anything I’ve tried. Plus it has SPF 20 and comes in different shades so I use this instead of bronzer. It really gives the perfect glow and I’m good to go outside in the sun! I use shade No. 3, message me if you’d like help choosing a shade.
- Satin Powder Blush: A little bit of blush goes a long way! This has a matte finish which I love, I don’t want to be glittery! My favorites are Nectar and Guava.
- Eyeshadow: I don’t always use this during the day, but if we’re going out in the evening I will. A lighter, neutral color on my eyelids and then one of the darker ones as an eyeliner (I know I’m weird and don’t use actual eyeliner!).
- Brow Gel: One of my favorites because it’s so easy to use and makes a big difference! It gives brows a fuller appearance but doesn’t flake (I found other brands would get clumpy which grossed me out). There are different shades and a clear option. I have the medium.
- Lengthening Mascara: To be honest I go back and forth between lengthening and volumizing, depending what I’m in the mood for. It has bataua oil and carnauba wax to condition the lashes.
- Lip gloss: My lips get chapped pretty easily so I need a gloss that doesn’t dry them out. I love the shine this provides and that it moisturizes! I have a lot of colors but use Bare Shimmer for a simple look and also really love the Peony. If I’m going for less shine I’ll use a Lip Sheer and often I use this instead of chapstick because it hydrates really well. I love Petal and Poppy 🙂
That’s it for my beauty routine! Quick and simple with products that are safer yet high performing. If you’re looking for safer deodorants and why it’s so important to use one, check out this blog post I wrote! I’m happy to answer any questions you have, just email me or message me on Instagram!
Leave a Reply