Protein shakes (or smoothies, whatever you like to call them!) are a really easy meal or snack and can be packed with good nutrients that keep us full and satiated. I sometimes have one for breakfast if I don’t feel like making eggs, or as an afternoon snack.
I like to make sure my shakes consist of a healthy fat, fiber, protein and greens. Sometimes, though, I’ll make one for dessert and that one usually doesn’t have greens in it 🙂
Below is my favorite recipe, but I do want to start trying some new ones too! I’ll put different options in the recipe for y’all to try out!
Shop The Ingredients:
- 1 cup Nut milk I usually use almond or cashew milk
- 1 handful Greens Usually kale or spinach, but you can try romaine, parsley, cucumber, basil etc!
- 1/4 cup Chopped, frozen banana I chop and freeze ahead of time and grab a small amount, just enough to add a bit of sweetness. Frozen berries are good too!
- 1-2 scoops Protein powder Chocolate or Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp Nut butter I usually do almond butter. Can also use avocado, ghee, coconut oil or MCT oil as a good quality fat!
- sprinkle cinnamon *optional
- handful ice
- Put the ingredients into the blender (I use a Vitamix, it's the best!) and blend.
If I'm using the Garden of Life protein instead of the Primal Kitchen Collagen as my protein source, I'll add in 1 tbsp of this collagen powder (also great in hot coffee or tea!).
Leave a Reply