This may sound strange, but I’ve dreamed about creating a baby registry for a long time. I babysat all throughout middle school, high school and college and am just obsessed with babies and all the cute little things that go along with them. So when it was finally time to dig in and decide what we want to have on our baby registry for our little bundle I was really excited!
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, so I may make a tiny commission if you click and then purchase something! This costs nothing extra to you and helps me to run this little blog of mine. Thank you so much for being a part of this community!
I spent a lot, and I mean a lot of time researching the items that are below. It was very important to me that to the best of my ability I chose items that are:
- Safe from a manufacturer/ child safety perspective
- Safe from a clean/ free of toxic materials perspective
- Aesthetically pleasing
Ultimately, I spent days looking up other trusted blogs (The Gentle Nursery and Wellness Mama are two of my favorites) and talking to friends about what they love and why. If there was an option to choose a reputable brand that made a less-toxic version of a product over another well-known brand, I was all for it.
I look at exposing our child to healthy foods (yes even in, actually, especially in utero) and less toxins as something that is up to us and in our control, for the most part. More on this in our favorite pregnancy/ parenting books blog post. While it may be more challenging for me to control the air our kid breathes, I can choose a car seat, stroller, crib, mattress, nursery furniture etc that is made of less harsh chemicals. So you betcha I’m going to do that in an effort to make our baby as healthy as possible.
Without further ado, let’s get to the good stuff, shall we? And be sure to check back after baby as I’ll be updating this with what we love and use the most!
Products we registered for:
- Uppababy Vista stroller (in William)
- Stroller Accessories: Travel bag, infant insert, snack tray, cup holder
- Uppababy Mesa car seat with travel bag + backseat mirror
*Two of the Uppababy Mesa colors are made with natural flame retardants: Jordan and Henry (we got the Jordan). The others are still made without brominated and cholorinated chemicals (better than most car seats!), but these two colors are made with marino wool making them naturally flame resistant – aka, no toxic chemicals!
- Travel crib + Bassinet kit aka pack n play – Made without flame retardants, BPA, PVC, lead and phthalates – Folds up so you can wear it as a backpack! Here is the Crib-only option
- Extra sheet for the pack n play
- DockATot with this cabana kit and extra cover – NOT for co-sleeping (which we don’t plan to do). We want this so that babe can hang with us on the couch/ just as a portable lounger for baby!
- Play Gym – love this so much! Made with safe materials 🙂
- Ergonomic Baby Carrier – heard great things about this! It’s certified by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute so baby’s legs, hips and spine are properly supported
- Baby wrap – We have one of these and if I love it I’ll definitely order more. It is so soft and the patterns are really cute!
- Organic Baby Bouncer – apparently this is a must-have
- Shopping Cart Seat Cover – I’m a bit of a germaphobe so this seat cover really excites me, plus it’s super cute!
- Swing – I wasn’t sure about getting one of these are first, but after talking to other mamas I think it is VERY smart that we did! This one has great reviews from friends and is a bit more attractive than other options out there
- High Chair **An amazing non-toxic option made of beechwood and water-based paint, plus this chair grows with baby!- Also got this tray and cushion cover
- Table Chair – Easy to clean and will fit on a thicker table!
- Nursing Pillow: we got this one and this one to see which works best!
- Organic Nursing Pillow Covers
- Multi-use nursing and car seat cover
- Glass bottles: trying these and these
- These silicone bottles
- Bottle drying rack– I spent a lot of time looking these up and this seems to be the best option where mold and bacteria will not settle at the bottom. The very popular Boon dish rack (that looks like grass!) is what I thought we’d go with but I’ve read it is a breeding ground for bacteria!
- Bottle dish soap – A clean option, don’t want gross chemicals!
- Electric breast pump
- Manual breast pump with this cap
- Breastmilk storage – Going to try and avoid plastic bags, will update y’all on how I end up liking this system vs another!
- Organic burp cloths: these and these
- Dishwasher basket
- Pacifiers – I went with ones that are made from the safest materials, silicone and rubber. No plastic here! These, these and these to see which babe likes best!
- Silicone pacifier clip
- Silicone placemat – Though it’ll be a bit before baby is using this, this suctions to the table and looks awesome!
- Silicone teething feeder – BPA, Latex, Petroleum, Lead and Phthalate-free, these will be perfect to put in fresh or frozen fruits, veggies, breast milk etc so baby can both teeth and explore some foods!
- Changing Pad – Love this silicone one, safer for baby and easy to clean!
- Changing Pad liner – Not sure if we’ll end up using these but I figured it’d be good to have them on hand in case the silicone is cold on babe’s back. Trying this kind which has lots of great reviews and then these which are organic.
- Diaper pail and bags
- Diaper bag insert: this is really cool if you want to keep using your regular purse!
- These wipes – Extremely important to get ones without gross chemicals, and some of the most popular brands are quite toxic!
This article is super helpful in regard to which wipes are safest
- Diapers: We are trying these and also: these – get one free week of diapers by using this link!
This article and this one is how I made my decision about which diapers to use.
- Calming diaper rash cream
- Baby powder
- On-the-go changing station – keeping this in our car!
- Diaper bag (I’m obsessed with this, it’s so gorgeous and has great reviews)
- Baby Duffle Bag – I’ve been eyeing this one from Pottery Barn for a while and finally pulled the trigger the other day! I’ll be using it for baby’s things for the hospital, and then whenever we take babe on trips! (Also comes in a smaller tote too!) *Read all about what I packed in our hospital bags, here
- Hooded towel: this and these
- Baby bath – This folds up so we can store it under the sink!
- Organic washcloths
- Primally Pure Baby soap bar – use code CaitM10 for 10% off your first purchase!
- Primally Pure Baby powder – We definitely wanted powder that is talc-free! Use code CaitM10 for 10% off your first purchase!
- Beautycounter Baby: Safer options for a Gentle all-over wash, Daily protective balm, and Baby soothing oil **This Ultimate Baby Collection makes a great gift and even includes a diaper bag!
- Silicone brush for dry skin – A friend bought us this and said it has been amazing on her baby!
- NoseFrida – Apparently this is amazing when baby’s nose is stuffy!
Nursery, Decor + Sleep:
- Convertible crib – I feel like a broken record, but this is another that was really important to me in making sure the furniture in the nursery is non-toxic. Here’s a helpful article!
- Bassinet stand – We’ll be using the bassinet that comes with our stroller and will just pop it into this stand in our bedroom!
- Dresser – I changed out the handles to these
- Blanket – this and this
- Fitted Sheets – these are so soft!
- Mattress *This was extremely important to me to be organic and as safe as possible, because baby will spend so much time in the crib! Be careful of companies saying a mattress is organic when really just the cover is while the inside is toxic. This article is extremely helpful in learning what to avoid when choosing a mattress. We went with this one from Naturepedic which I truly think is the gold standard of crib mattresses.
- Organic Mattress protector
- Organic Swaddle blankets
- Velcro Swaddle – A few friends swear by this! We’ve been practicing our swaddle technique but I have a feeling these are going to come in very handy
- Sleep Sack – I figured we should have a few different types of swaddles to try and see which baby likes best, so we got this one too!
- Arms up Swaddle – Ok last swaddle, I promise 🙂 This one is organic and allows baby to sleep with their arms up
- White noise machine – This has come highly recommended and is true white noise rather than the sound of a vacuum, fan, lullubies etc. I think we’ll get a second one for our room because we’ve been using it until baby arrives and love it!
- Hamper: I didn’t see this one until I already purchased something else for us, but I just love this company and they have a few cute designs!
- This gate which can be a doggy gate too!
- Baby monitor – My goal is to keep this at least 6-8 feet away from the crib to limit the amount of EMF radiation baby is exposed to. (Possible side effects of EMF exposure are: sleep cycle disruption, impacts immune, reproductive system and brain development)
*My goal here was to get non-toxic toys because babies put everything in their mouths! Trying to limit the amount of chemicals, paints and plastics in the toys was high on my priority list, though I realize that this won’t always be in my control as baby gets older and is playing with toys outside of our home.
- Play mat
- Wooden rainbow stacker
- Silicone teething ring (this one is SO cute!)
- Wooden rattle
- DockATot accessories – this and this
- Play Gym
- Rubber teether
- Wooden ball rattle
- Fabric ball
- Wooden toy for bouncer seat (apparently babies love this thing!)
- Silicone car seat + stroller toy
- Organic white onesies – We got a bunch of these in all sizes, short and long sleeved!
- LouLou&Company – The clothes are so soft, we have a few of their knotted gowns and I plan to get more once we know if we’ve got a boy or girl 🙂
- Organic Kimono Bodysuit – Love these! We got a few different colors in in NB and 0-3 months, and I’ll get 3-6 when the time comes!
- Organic Footed Overall – Same as above, super cute colors and patterns
- Socks – I’ve heard baby socks fall off easily, but apparently these do not! Made from organic cotton.
- Booties – The cuteness is real. And these supposedly stay on really well too!
- Kate Quinn Organics – We ordered quite a bit from here, I love that the clothes are made from organic material and they are SO soft.
Laundry Detergent & Cleaning Supplies:
*Due to me constantly talking about the importance of using safer products in our homes, it shouldn’t be a surprise that I went on a hunt for safe detergent, stain remover and dish soap (for bottles and nursing parts). This article is really helpful about laundry detergent!
- Laundry detergent – I’m trying this one and will use it for all of our laundry needs, not just baby!
- Wool dryer balls – Chemical-free fabric softening!
- Stain remover – Have heard great things about this brand and they offer several different products
- Dish soap – the unscented version. *No sulfates, fragrances, dyes, parabens or yucky stuff here!
Navigating the world of what-the-heck-do-I-need-for-baby can be overwhelming so I hope this baby registry is helpful if you’re looking for non-toxic baby products/ items to register for <3
Other Pregnancy Blog Posts:
If you prefer to shop visually, here’s a clickable version of the baby registry! Though this doesn’t include everything above, I tried to find as many things as I can for this little boutique. Click the images below to shop or get more product details!